AQ Worlds Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AQ Worlds Kingdom

We stand our ground.....no matter what

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Design Notes April 2nd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steel Fire
The Emperor of Supreme Power
Steel Fire

Number of posts : 1031
Birthday : 1995-09-20
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Character sheet
Username: Steel Fire
Level:
Design Notes April 2nd Left_bar_bleue20/20Design Notes April 2nd Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Favorite Weapon: Star Slasher

Design Notes April 2nd Empty
PostSubject: Design Notes April 2nd   Design Notes April 2nd I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Design Notes April 2nd Avatar-artix-scroll
Artix
Prank-adin

April 2nd, 2009
April Fool's!
LOL, that was a lot of fun
I hope you enjoyed our April Fool's joke. This was AQworld's first so we wanted to do something really special. The day before there was a live dialogue between Warlic and Zorbak. Zorbak was trying to “borrow” a Mystic Pencil of Endless Scribbles and the players voted in order to force Warlic to give it to him. They had no idea what it was all about though!

On April 1st the Players logged to a message informing them that “to save bandwidth costs, we have SLIGHTLY reduced the amount of lines and color in our art. We ARE SURE you won’t even notice!” Then they clicked ok and saw.....

Design Notes April 2nd Aprilfools2009
Things like this really make the game... "special"

Exploring town revealed that Zorbak was running around redrawing things with his pencil... including little scribble monsters.

Meanwhile, Cysero and Aisha pranked me good! Aisha switched my powerful and inspirational desktop background to a pretty, pretty pink unicorn flying through magial happy land. (The worst part is I did not even notice for hours!) Cysero got me worse... he photoshopped fake numbers in to the daily reports showing an error of $43,364! I nearly had a heart attack!! I am soooooo going to get you next year Cysero..... LOL. All four of our games ran incredible pranks. The favorite was the 5 minute explode every game cutscene in MechQuest. It is a MUST see. Overall -- best April Fools ever!

In Tomorrow's exciting release
We are fiercly working on tomorrow's release.... which unlike April 1st, will be no joke. Things are deadly serious for a town North of Battleon.... we belive the 1st Lord of Chaos is on the move. OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE BUILDINGS!?

Also, at long last we are rolling out fixes for the party/goup bugs, the pet bugs (including strange shadow figure bug), making the number of players in the current room visible, and several other new engine features. If Zhoom finishes what he is working on by release time tomorrow... we will all be about to experience a never before done first together!

See you on the forums and tomorrow for the big release!
Back to top Go down
https://aqwk.rpg-board.net

Design Notes April 2nd
Page 1 of 1